First some random news, I got instant failed on my driving test earlier this week for driving through an amber light – but, I passed the second test today. Yay!
Back to topic. Not long after I got back from Te Anau, I decided to start a random project. I don’t have any formal plan other than this:
- “Run-n-gun” top-down shooter.
- Small & simple above everything else. Should be about a month’s worth of work.
- Everything is cubes & can be killed in a single shot.
- Player moves via keyboard & aims/shoots via mouse.
- Enemies of two types: chargers & shooters. Kill player on contact.
- Optional: coloured variants, e.g. fast, two lives, etc.
- Optional: other enemy types, e.g. spawners, shielders, etc.
- Very simple level generation.