Hello, thanks to a suggestion from Remelic on the last post I’ve tried prototyping with a smaller board this time (13×13 spaces) & it worked. It was pretty cool finally getting to do this. It was kind of like being a kid again, except I took notes of what I was doing.
The prototype had these aspects:
- A player critter
- About 20 resources of one type – you need these to lay an egg (I really need to think of some other uses for resources).
- About five each of three kinds of critters: a charger, a shooter, & a ‘rail shooter’ that charges up per shot – the odd critter respawns in a area out of sight of the player.
- About 20? impassable ‘solid rock’ spaces.
- About 10 ‘hazard’ spaces that damage all adjacent spaces when hit (I imagine these to be clumps of sap or gelatinous acid).
- ‘Earth’ spaces which filled up almost all the rest of the board. These can be dug out.
All of these were randomly scattered on the board except for the player, I don’t want them starting near a critter.