Hello hyperreal entity, my name’s Adam Herd & welcome to an online node I’ve occasionally grown since 2014, almost a year after I graduated with a Bachelor in IT.
This began as a place where I’d talk about the life & creative endeavours I aspired for, write about dreams, & the thoughts I had (more in-depth info can be found in my first hello world post). As time went on this became more of a personal diary: describing the main events of my life, my trials at maintaining projects, & existential venting of my troubled self to the virtual void.
- Failed repeatedly (over & over & over, again & again) to stick to one project over the years. So much so that I became acutely aware of the cycle & simply stopped the madness. At least I maintained a weekly posting schedule for the first few years. Still, the pull to create remains.
- Worked two jobs (one bad, one fortunate) & pretty much lost both. Been relying on WINZ for close to two years until I got sick of the application-rejection cycle as well. Even tried becoming self-employed with… ‘eh’ results.
- Hated my negative self, come to accept & become happy with my “authentic self” through self-therapy, & then become existentially forlorn at my place in the world. At this point I’ve come to view the self as but another personal construct of many.
- Suffered dermatitis for over a year, went non-dairy & am feeling nutritionally healthier then ever (yet I’m still lacking in cooking skills 😛 ).
- Vicariously learned from flatmates about academic topics like: philosophy, postmodernism, socialism, & media studies. This in turn has encouraged me to think more critically, particularly towards media.
Adult life has been… interesting.
Now, at 25+ years old, I’m just trying a new path forward by studying design. I guess this blog is mostly about that for the time being. Change is the only certainty.
Professional/Work Related: firstname.lastname@example.org